Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Scrapbook Paper Frame


A friend of mine taught me how to make these adorable frames!  They are super easy and fun to make. 

You will need a piece of 24" x 24" plywood (about 1/2 inch thick).  You will also need a minimum of 4 large pieces of scrapbook paper (12x12), a 11x13 frame, mod podge, paint, magnetic clip, wood glue, a door handle knob,a small thin piece of scrap wood, and letter stencils.


The first thing you will do is paint the back and sides of the board your desired color.  I decided to do black for mine.  While letting the paint dry, I got 4 large pieces of scrapbook paper and cut them each into 4 equal pieces so that you have 16 squares of paper. Next I layed my squares out on the board to make my pattern.  After laying my pieces out, I picked each one up one by one and applied the mod podge underneath the paper onto the board, and then placed the paper on top.  I then smoothed it out with my fingers until there were no bubbles.  I repeated until all squares were glued down.  I then applied a layer of mod podge over the top of the entire thing and let it dry.


I then painted my 11x13 frame black and attached it to my board using wood glue.  I also hammered nails through the back to fasten it more securely onto the board.  I then used wood glue to attach the magnetic clip.  I attached the door handle knob(from hobby lobby) by screwing it in through the back.


 And finally, i found a small piece of scrap wood, mod podged some scrapbook paper onto it, and stenciled the word family onto it. I glued it on my large piece of wood using gorilla wood glue. If you have a circuit machine, it would probably be easiest to just put vinyl letters straight onto your frame.


 
Now just add a cute picture, and you're done!  And it only cost about $15.

I link to these awesome parties:

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the frame over the patterned paper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...