Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cabinet Door Towel Holder




I found a ton of old cabinet doors at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $2 each.  If you've never been to the Habitat for Humanity, you should check it out.  I can usually find something there to fix up, and the money goes toward a great cause.   

This cabinet door was a little more unique than other that I've seen before because it had 2 sections instead of just one.  


After brainstorming on what I could make, this is what I ended up with!  I decided to paint the top with chalkboard paint.  On the bottom section, I mod podged scrapbook paper, and then screwed in some hooks that I found at Lowes.  I painted the outside frame with turquoise paint, and then distressed it a little bit.  I think it would look great in a bathroom to hang towels, or an entry way to hang coats, hats, backpacks, etc.

I link to these parties:
The 36th AvenueSomewhat SimpleThe Shabby Creek CottageHouse of the HepworthsFive Days Five WaysChic on a Shoestring DecoratingCraftionaryNaptime CraftersCraft EnvyGingerbreadHey What's for Dinner MomI Heart NaptimeClassy ClutterFunky Junk InteriorsBe Different Act NormalSerendipity and SpiceC.R.A.F.T.DebbiedoosKampen LaneHomemaker on a DimeBoogieboard CottageSarah Dawn Designs


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm following you! Who would have thought a $2 cabinet door could look that good. What a clever idea! Pinning this one:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I have seen many cabinet doors at thrift stores over the years and never knew what I would do with them. Now I know!

    I would love it if you would share this at the Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/prudent-projects-smart-solutions-week-10.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, this is so cute and what a neat idea. Thanks for sharing at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I love all the design elements! The print of the paper, paint color, hooks, and esp. the chalkboard are all fantastic. great job my dear! following!

    -Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...