Sunday, December 2, 2012

Living Room Furniture (Before and After)

I found these Broyhill tables on Craigslist for a good deal and had to snatch them up. I got a new sander as an early Christmas present, so I thought it would be fun to test it out on my new furniture.  I decided to prime everything except for the top with white spray paint primer.  After priming, I sanded the top surfaces down completely until I had bare wood.  After sanding the top, I got Walnut Miniwax stain and applied over the top of each piece.  Using an old T-shirt, I wiped on about 3 coats, letting each coat dry about 15 minutes in between.  I then painted the bottom using an off white color.  After painting and letting it dry about 30 minutes, i put a thin layer of the dark walnut stain over the top, and wiped off immediately to give the tables an antiqued look.  I then did a little distressing, and finished it all off with some polycrylic. 

This is how they looked before...




And this is how they looked after



Such a fun project!

4 comments:

  1. So cute Amy!!!! I want them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dressing table you did relay great work... Find out more here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dressing table gallery that make home so beautiful and wonderful. It show the best model for Living Room Furniture
    Keep it up


    ReplyDelete
  4. good work.
    I like your dressing table gallery and process of converting old dressing table to new table that was the brand new and awesome work for me as its show that everything becomes more beautiful if we want. This is the best example for Living Room Furniture .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...